Librarian teacher discusses children's books. Students are encouraged to contribute their own book review or short summary of fiction or nonfiction books. This blog is of interest to 3rd through 6th graders.

Princess for a Week

Do you ever read the summary or excerpt that is written on the back of the book? At times I don't. Sometimes I want to be entertained and surprised so I don't read it especially if it is a book I am going to read anyway. Well, I didn't read the summary for Princess for a Week by Betty Ren Wright, so I was really surprised just as Roddy was to learn that Princess wasn't a dog like he'd hoped and he'd have to let this girl use his bedroom instead of sharing it with a dog.
Who names their child Princess? And why does she have to be so overly confident? Roddy and his friend Jacob certainly have their hands full with Princess visiting for a week. But you have to admit she does make things interesting and suspenseful. It won't take you long to read this short mystery book filled with full page pencil drawings.

No comments: