Librarian teacher discusses children's books. Students are encouraged to contribute their own book review or short summary of fiction or nonfiction books. This blog is of interest to 3rd through 6th graders.

Enjoy reading the MHL Nominees

I've listed the titles of the Maud Hart Lovelace (MHL) Nominees on the right. You may recognize some of the titles because we have a few in our library. Lunch Money by Andrew Clements has already been read by many. You can't go wrong reading a book by him. They are all so good. My favorite of his is a toss up between Frindle and The Landry News. Oh no, I just remembered I read No Talking! this spring and that is my new favorite of his. I'll write about that book in another post.
Now back to the MHL nominees. The books I have listed are for the Division I readers, grades 3-5. There is another list for Division II readers, grades 6-8. Many books are on both lists, so I don't usually spend the money to have all the books in our library. But that doesn't mean you don't have access to them. Remember, in the spring, if you've read at least three of the MHL nominees you can vote for your favorite. The Division I winner for 2007-08 was Ruby Holler chosen by Minnesota students like you.

No comments: